Wednesday, May 20, 2009

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO VITAMIN FUZZ EPISODE 4 [5.20.09]

The night before this program I fell into a hallucinatory slumber only to learn that my sleepy night terrors weren't hallucinatory. I felt an eerie tickle shoot up my leg. With a slap to the thigh I grabbed hold of a crimson cockroach antenna, but the juicy armored bugger slipped through my fingers and quickly scurried out of sight. The rest of the night I woke up panting at a 90 degree angle, bug eyed and defeated. Thus, I have to agree with Michael Ghira, "God Damn the Sun", bring on the "Dead Moon Night"!

Sleep deprived and blurred by the heat, here are another two hours of bleached-out jams from the heavens to the depths of the darkest ocean caves.

Vitamin Fuzz Playlist 5.20.09:

Diana Rogerson & Andrew Liles – Can I Tempt You With All This – No Birds Do Sing [United Dirter 2009]
Thrones – Django – Sperm Whale [Kill Rock Stars 2000]
The Deviants – I’m Coming Home – Ptooff!! [Edsel 1967]
The Deviants – Garbage – Ptooff!! [Edsel 1967]
The Pink Fairies – When’s The Fun Begin? – Kings of Oblivion [Polydor 1973]
Dead Moon – Dead Moon Night – Dead Moon Night [Music Maniac 1990]
Debris – Witness – Static Disaster [Anopheles 2008, orig. 1976]
Nurse With Wound – Tune Time Machine – Who Can I Turn To Stereo [United Diaries 1996]
Nurse With Wound – Landed at Granma’s – Who Can I Turn To Stereo [United Diaries 1996]
Legendary Pink Dots – Disturbance – The Maria Dimension [Play It Again Sam 1991]
Death In June – Break the Black Ice – The World That Summer [New Europeans 1986]
Swans – Trust Me – Children of God [Caroline 1987]
Michael Ghira – God Damn the Sun – Songs For A Dog [Lumberton Trading Company 2006]
My Bloody Valentine – Slow – You Made Me Realize [Creation 1988]
The American Analog Set – White House – From Our Living Room to Yours [Emperor Jones 1997]
Jessamine – Cellophane – Jessamine [Kranky 1995]
CAN – Pinch – Ege Bamyasi [Mute 1972]
Black Sabbath – Sweet Leaf – Masters of Reality ¬[Warner Bros. 1971]
Het – Alleen Op Het Kerkhof – Kejje Nagaan Ik Geen Om Op Te Staan [Op Art, orig. 1966]
Blossom Toes – Look At Me I’m You – We Are Ever So Clean [Marmalade 1967]
The Outsiders – Strange Things Are Happening – Strange Things Are Happening: The Complete Singles 1965-1969 [RPM 2002]
White Noise – Firebird – An Electric Storm [Island 1969]
Alexander ‘Skip’ Spence – Cripple Creek – OAR [Sundazed 1969]
Nagisa Ni Te – Same as a Flower – The Same as a Flower [Jagjaguwar 2004]
Nico – These Days – Chelsea Girl [Polygram 1967]

Tune in on June 3rd when the sun skips across the lake (6-8am) for the next installment of Vitamin Fuzz on WHPK 88.9 fm.

Godspeed.

No comments: